Blogger and Squarespace users can follow the associated guide below to update this file:
All other non-wp platforms with access to their root directory should follow the instructions included here:
1) Make sure you are running the latest version of the Mediavine Control Panel plugin.
2) Navigate to your Mediavine Control Panel plugin settings.
- In your WordPress dashboard, this option is under Settings > Mediavine Control Panel.
3) In the Mediavine Control Panel plugin settings, scroll down to the Advanced section.
4) Click the button that says, "Update Ads.txt" button, then click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.
5) Clear your site cache!
- Many WordPress sites utilize caching plugins. If yours doesn't have one, your host or tech help should be able to assist.
If your Ads.txt file updates successfully...
Then you're all set.
If you get a message that the update failed...
Then it is likely that there are settings on the server level that are preventing us from properly writing that file. You'll need to contact your host to see if they can change that setting, or the file will need to be manually added via FTP to ensure it is up-to-date. For instructions on that, please see this help page.
If you are running Sucuri, please follow these instructions in Sucuri to set
ads.txt as a non-cache URL.