Each publisher is responsible for their own tax reporting. 

For February - August 2018, all Mediavine publishers were paid via PayPal's Mass Payment System. 

We did not issue a Mediavine ad revenue payment in January 2018 because there were 13 ad revenue payments in tax year 2017 (2 payments in December 2017). You can find more details about PayPal and the required tax documents here

Instructions to pull the needed report for your 2018 taxes are as follows:

To get the income you need to report, simply log into PayPal, and click on the ACTIVITY tab at the top of the screen. 

Once there, you'll want to filter the activity. Change the dates to be for 1/1/2018 - 8/31/2018. 

Add an additional filter of "Mediavine, Inc" to the search. 

This will yield a list of all your Mediavine payments for the entire year. Print this page, and provide it to your accountant, or include it with your tax documents. 

It will suffice as proof of your income from Mediavine, Inc. for the year, in the same way a 1099 form would. 

If you continued to Use PayPal as your chosen method of payment for the remainder of Tax Year 2018

Follow these steps again, changing the dates to 9/1/2018 - 12/31/2018. 

Add an additional filter of "Tipalti, Inc" to the search. 

Print the resulting report and provide it to your accountant, or include with your tax documents. 

If you chose to be paid via any other payment method in Tax Year 2018

Even if it was just for 1 month of Tax Year 2018, if you received any payments from Mediavine in a method OTHER THAN PayPal, you will receive a form 1099-MISC. 

The 1099-MISC will be arrive the week of 01/28/19 via email from a service called Tax1099. 

The email looks like this:

This email contains specific instructions on how to open and print the 1099-MISC that contains all of your earnings details that are NOT contained in your PayPal reporting. 

If you have any issues with this email, or with accessing the form it provides, please reach out to payments@mediavine.com. 

This is not tax advice and you should consult with your accountant or tax preparer for specifics on how to file your earnings.

Did this answer your question?