The Mediavine Video Player is a great way to monetize your videos! Simply upload a video to your dashboard and embed it in your blog post, just as you would embed a video from YouTube.
File types: Any video file type (e.g. .mp4, .mov, etc.)
Resolution: 720p (anything higher will be downsized)
File size: 1 GB or smaller
The videos you upload must belong to you, or you must have permission from the copyright owner to run the file (such as a movie trailer provided to you directly by the studio).
How to upload a video to the Mediavine Video Player:
1) Upload your video.
First you will upload your video file and fill out some basic information about the video. After you click "Save Video," the next screen contains some important information to fill out.
- Log in to your Mediavine dashboard. If you have multiple sites, make sure you select the site you want to upload the video to.
- Click Videos in the top right-hand corner.
- Click the New Video button.
- Give it a title. What you write here is key to finding your video later and will be shown to advertisers. Please be descriptive and use relevant keywords.
- Upload your file. Chose any .mp4, .mov, etc. file to upload. We will shrink any video you upload to 720p, so please do not use this as your video storage. Keep your high resolution copies! While the file is uploading and transcoding you will see a progress bar. It might hang at the end for a bit — this is normal. This is after you upload while our server is transcoding. You will know that you’re done when a thumbnail of your video appears.
- Write a description. This is shown to advertisers, so try and repeat your title in this field and use extra keywords you think will sell advertisers on this video. 1-2 sentences is all you need.
- Click Save Video!
2) Edit video settings.
After clicking save, you'll be taken to a screen where you can edit your video's settings, preview it and grab the embed code for your blog post.
- Insert the permalink where the video will live on your site. This field will default to your homepage, but you should always change it to the specific URL where the video will live. This is the key to getting ads from Google AdExchange. Make sure to use the URL of the post where you will first run your video. If you re-use this video on multiple pages, that’s fine. As long as the first time you run it we have a page for Google to parse for keywords, you will get ads if you use it again. For this example, we put in http://www.foodfanatic.com/videos/chocolate-covered-cherry-truffles-video/
- Override the thumnail. If you like, you can override the thumbnail for the video; otherwise, we will use the one you see under file. Please make sure you upload a thumbnail with an aspect ratio identical to that of your video, or the player will automatically crop it.
3) Embed your video.
- Select the code in the gray box under "Embed Code."
- Paste the code into your blog post.
- If you’re using WordPress, you’ll want to connect your Mediavine Dashboard with Mediavine Control Panel, and then you can embed a video using MCP and our "Insert Video" button. NO COPY AND PASTE.
- Save and publish your post!
Videos are fully responsive. They will fill up 100% of the width of your content column and their height will be determined based on the aspect ratio of the video you uploaded.